Six Canadian firms are among the finalists of the CertainTeed Gypsum Trophy Awards, held every two years to recognize gypsum design skills of North American drywall and finishing contractors, in the categories, drywall design, installation, sustainability, and craftsmanship.
The Canadian finalists and their projects are listed as follows:
- Daly Smith Contracting, Inc. for the Niagara Falls Entertainment Centre in Niagara Falls, Ontario.
- Construction Integral M.T. Inc. for Centre Slush Puppie in Gatineau, Quebec.
- Interior Specialties for Memorial University of Newfoundland’s Core Science Facility in St. Johns, Newfoundland.
- Kerr Interior Systems for University of Alberta’s Dentistry/Pharmacy Building in Edmonton, Alberta.
- QSI Interiors, Ltd. for Stanley A. Milner Library in Edmonton, Alberta
- Robertson Walls & Ceilings for the YVR Pier D Expansion in Richmond, British Columbia.
CertainTeed is a leading North American manufacturer of building materials, under the global Saint-Gobain group. This year, the U.S. and Canadian finalists have been invited to attend the award ceremony, held from Nov. 10-12, at Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay, California.
Moreover, three U.S. companies and three Canadian companies in the finals will advance to the 13th Saint-Gobain Gypsum International Trophy Awards, competing among contractors, and their most prestigious projects from around the world in Athens, Greece, in Apr. 2023.
“As we prepare for the North American Trophy Awards, we are honoured to celebrate our finalists and recognize their accomplishments,” says Hanan Girgis, director of marketing interior products group, Canada at CertainTeed. “We are confident each project—which showcases the diverse and creative ways drywall can be used as structural and design components—will inspire the same creativity amongst their fellow contractors.”