Engineers Canada is searching for nominees for its annual awards, celebrating the projects and achievements of engineers and engineering students. Nominations are open until January 19.
Awards are presented in nine categories:
- Gold Medal Award—exceptional individual achievement and distinction;
- Young Engineer Achievement Award—contribution in the field by an engineer 36 years of age or younger as of May 31, 2018;
- Meritorious Service Award for Professional Service—contribution to a professional, consulting, or technical engineering association/society in Canada;
- Meritorious Service Award for Community Service—voluntary contribution to a community organization/humanitarian endeavour;
- Medal for Distinction in Engineering Education—contribution to engineering teaching at a higher education institution in Canada;
- National Award for an Engineering Project or Achievement—outstanding engineering projects/achievements by an engineering team including Canadian engineers;
- Award for the Support of Women in the Engineering Profession—outstanding support of women in the engineering profession and engineering excellence;
- Gold Medal Student Award—demonstrated leadership, contributions to society and volunteerism by an undergraduate engineering student; and
- Award of Journalism Excellence in Engineering—outstanding journalistic reporting on issues relating to Canadian engineering.
For more information, click here.
To read about last year’s recipients, click here.