Collaboration of Design + Art’s (CODA) 9th annual international design competition announced winners across 10 categories, as well as two People’s Choice award winners.
This award recognizes projects integrating commissioned art into interior, architectural, or public spaces.
“The CODA awards recognize the importance of collaboration, and honors design and art professionals whose collective imaginations create the public and private spaces that inspire us,” said Toni Sikes, CEO of CODAworx.
The 9th annual international design competition awards were given to the following collaborative projects, by category:
- Commercial, Evolve 17 (Reston, VA) submitted by Gensler;
- Education, Eon (Austin, TX) submitted by Landmarks;
- Healthcare, SOLA (Tunnel of Light) (London, United Kingdom) submitted by Squidsoup;
- Hospitality, CHANGSHA INSUN INTERNATIONAL CINEMA (Changsha, China) submitted by One Plus Partnership Ltd.;
- Institutional, AGENT CRYSTALLINE (Edmonton, AB, Canada) submitted by MARC FORNES / THEVERYMANY;
- Landscape, Better Place Forest – Point Arena (San Francisco, CA) submitted by Fletcher Studio
- Liturgical, All Saints Church (Nuremberg, Germany) submitted by Derix Glasstudios/ Derix U.S.;
- Public Spaces, Tucson’s January 8th Memorial: The Embrace (Tucson, AZ) submitted by Rebeca Mendez;
- Residential, Ivan Navarro, The Ladder (San Francisco, CA) submitted by Keehn On Art; and
- Transportation, Sea Change (North Vancouver, BC, Canada) submitted by Jill Anholt Studio.
This year’s 374 CODA awards entries represent over $463 million in commission fees from 19 countries. A jury of 18 esteemed members of the design, architecture, and art worlds evaluated each entry on three unique criteria across ten categories:
- The integration of commissioned artwork into site-specific projects, completed since January 2018;
- The strength of the collaborative process among the creative teams, commissioners, and industry resources; and
- The art and design seamlessly blend to create a place as art, rather than a place with art.