Canadian design/construction professionals can join CSI in Providence, RI, this fall for the U.S. organization’s 61st Annual Conference, held in conjunction with CONSTRUCT. Running September 13 to 15 at the Rhode Island Convention Center, the event features both social and educational opportunities for professionals in the industry.
- “Who’ll Stop the Rain: Considerations for Specifying Rainscreen Systems,” presented by Andrea Baird of Raths, Raths & Johnson;
- “Through the Eyes of the Contractor: Using Specifications to Bridge the Gap Between Design and Construction,” presented by Martin Houston of Walsh Construction;
- “Paint 201: Practical Solutions and Problem-solving Techniques,” presented by Marion Beaulieu of Benjamin Moore;
- “Architecture Disrupted: Transforming an Evolving Industry,” presented by Bradford Prestbo and Gerard Gutierrez of Sasaki Associates; and
- “The Accessible Restroom: Why Doesn’t the ADA Just Give Me the Solution?” presented by Daniel Hargreaves of SRA Architects.
Attendees younger than 35 also have the opportunity to attend specifically chosen sessions by participating in the Young Professionals (YP) Day, which includes features such as ‘speed mentoring.’ There will also be a CSI Young Professionals Mixer, which is just one of the CSI-hosted events scheduled for the conference.
For more information on professional development sessions, technical tours, and other networking events, visit the CONSTRUCT website.