On June 26, BC Housing is conducting a seminar/webinar on “Building Smart with Airtightness Testing: Part One – The Essentials.”
This half-day workshop is the first in a series to focus on airtightness testing of buildings. It will address the necessity of proper airtightness testing to achieve continuous air barriers with the integrity to adequately meet code requirements.
Of interest to CSC members as well as builders, developers, designers, energy advisors, and building officials, it will cover:
- quick review of Part 9 Requirements and practice;
- overview of Part 3 requirements;
- designing the building for airtightness testing;
- defining airtightness test phases and boundaries;
- mid-construction qualitative testing;
- timing and conditions for quantitative airtightness testing;
- preparing for phased and whole building airtightness testing;
- quantitative airtightness testing procedures; and
- recommissioning after airtightness testing.
The seminar will be held at Fletcher Challenge Canada Theatre in Vancouver from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Those who cannot attend the seminar can participate via the simultaneous webinar.