Last month, National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC) recognized its new executive committee, as well as appointed new board members, including many Canadians.
The newly appointed board members, who will each serve a three-year term, include:
- Sneh Kumar (Kawneer, an Alcoa Company);
- Jeff Baker (WESTLab Canada);
- Mahabir Bhandari (Oak Ridge National Laboratory [ORNL]); and
- Gary Curtis (Northwest Energy Efficiency Alliance).
Additionally, the executive committee now includes:
- Steve Strawn (Jeld-Wen) as chair;
- Jeff Baker (WestLab Canada) as vice-chair;
- Steve Farrar (Guardian Industries) as secretary; and
- Sneh Kumar (Kawneer, an Alcoa Company) as treasurer.
“Moving forward, I plan to work with the board to continue to support NFRC’s efforts to be the recognized leader in energy performance rating and certification programs for fenestration products,” Jeff Baker told Construction Canada Online.
NFRC manages rating, labelling, and certification systems for windows, doors, and other fenestration products. The organization offers its members access to industry resources, certified products directory, and access to its independent verification program (IVP).