September 1, 2021
Most engineering associations recognize engineering work performed by a different engineering entity than the RPR (identified in this article as the SRP). This concept is consistent between different jurisdictions across the country, even though the term applied to the SRP role varies regionally. When the RPR delegates work for which they will retain design liability, they must:
• Supervise and stay actively involved with the work and associated engineering decisions;
• Maintain appropriate communication during the development of engineered shop drawings and submittals;
• Be accessible to respond to questions and provide additional primary engineering, when required;
• Make documented reviews of submittals associated with delegated design; and
• Make appropriate site visits to confirm the engineered design is executed in accordance with the reviewed documents (some aspects of site visits may also be delegated to the SRP).
Source URL: https://www.constructioncanada.net/engineering-associations-have-processes-for-delegated-design/
Copyright ©2021 Construction Canada unless otherwise noted.