On Tuesday, October 6, CSC’s Toronto Chapter will host its regular dinner meeting at the Toronto Cricket, Skating, and Curling Club. The talk, led by Davis Kyle of the Master Painters Institute (MPI), is entitled, “Paint Matters.” It explores how the finish is viewed as simply aesthetic, but can lead to either a very positive first impression or a lasting negative one. Paint is also the first line of defense against the elements, and its failure can result in tragic and costly consequences.
Kyle’s talk will examine:
- the main causes of paint failure;
- assessing the degree of surface degradation;
- importance of the proper surface preparation before a repaint;
- specifications and choosing the correct coating system;
- standards and approved products;
- inspectors and bid tours; and
- hiring a qualified and quality professional.
Cocktails begin at 5:45 p.m., followed by the annual chapter meeting, dinner, and the presentation. Cost is $50 for members, $55 for non-members, and $60 for cash at the door. For more information, click here.