The Hamilton-Niagara Chapter will hold a luncheon meeting on Wednesday, November 21, at the Royal Canadian Legion, Burlington, Ont., from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Grahame Luters (Medeco Solutions Specialist) will talk about “Keying Systems.” The three-part presentation will focus on controlled keying and multilevel master key systems, traditional locking hardware and emerging threats, and electronic locking hardware.
Specification writers, property managers, owners, architects, general contractors (GCs), architects, and tradespersons can attend this presentation. At the end of the sessions, participants would have learnt about:
- security versus convenience in key system design;
- controlled keying and key control programs;
- benefits and limitations to various levels of master key system design;
- concepts of open keyways, key control, high security, and where each type of cylinder fits into the security continuum;
- emerging threats and traditional system limitations; and
- the capabilities of electronic/intelligent key locking systems and applications.