CSC’s Edmonton Chapter will hold its monthly breakfast meeting on October 9 from 7:30 to 10 a.m. at the Chateau Louis Hotel & Conference Centre. Chris Bierschank, sustainability manager with Mapei Americas, will be presenting on sustainability and how it affects the flooring professional.
By the end of the presentation, participants will know:
- How green programs such as the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) v4, the Living Building Challenge (LBC), and WELL impact design and installation.
- What are life-cycle assessments (LCAs), environmental product declarations (EPDs), health product declarations (HPDs), and volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions, and how they are changing the “green landscape”?
- Where is the construction industry headed in terms of sustainability/transparency?
- How can it affect the designer, specifier, and installer?
- How can design and installation methods and practices’ influence indoor air quality (IAQ)?
As a LEED Green Associate and member of the United States Green Building Council (USGBC) National and Florida Chapters, the International Living Future Institute (ILFI), CSI, and CSC, Bierschank assists the architectural and design community to ensure products meet both performance and transparency requirements of a variety of sustainable design programs.
To register, click here.