This year’s Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC) National Conference and Expo, held at the Vancouver Convention Centre from June 4 to 6, is focused on “Building Lasting Change.” To accomplish this, there are more than 30 education sessions being offered in five comprehensive streams, as well as a Master Speaker Series.
CaGBC is also offering five pre-conference mobile workshops, taking place on Tuesday, June 4. These half and full-day tours will take participants to some of Vancouver’s most inspiring sustainable sites:
- Green Homes/Passive Houses Loving and Leaving a Smaller Footprint: Green Homes in Vancouver;
- BC Hydro Power Smart and LEED Certification: Efficiencies and Opportunities;
- Olympic Village Behind the Façade;
- An Introduction to Whole Building Life Cycle Analysis at the University of British Columbia; and
- Existing Buildings: Operations & Maintenance at Perkins + Will.
Attendance at the conference also includes access to the Expo 2013 floor, with more than 100 booths featuring the latest in green building technology, products, materials, and real estate information.
For more details and registration for this once-a-year event, and to keep tabs on the latest in green building and sustainability, visit www.cagbc.org.