Bjarke Ingels Group (BIG) adds to its leadership team with seven new partners, 33 new associates, and a new director.
The seven new partners include:
- Andy Young, who first joined BIG London in 2016 as a technical director, helping shape the way in which BIG projects are built, with over 25 years of experience in the design and delivery of large-scale projects;
- Lorenzo Boddi, who joined BIG Copenhagen as an intern and has been based at BIG London since 2016, continues to give shape to some of BIG’s most visionary projects;
- João Albuquerque, first joined BIG Copenhagen in 2008, eventually moving to Barcelona in 2019 to support the establishment of a strong foundation for BIG Barcelona;
- Douglass Alligood returns to BIG NYC with 37 years of experience and will support a portfolio of projects going into design development and construction;
- Lars Larsen, a product design leader and long-time BIG collaborator through his own company, Kilo Design and KiBiSi, will lead BIG’s products design team;
- Giulia Frittoli, a leader within BIG Landscape, will support the emphasis on landscape projects across the BIG Group from her base in BIG CPH; and
- Daria Pahhota, who first joined BIG Copenhagen as an intern in 2008, became the group’s chief communications officer in 2018, and returns as the leader of BIG’s global branding and communications after two years at Skidmore, Owings & Merrill (SOM).
“With three of the seven new partners beginning their BIG career as interns, others joining BIG early in their career, and still others joining after years of experience at other studios, each has grown to become important leaders in their own right—their journey highlighting the relevance of every BIGster’s contribution, at every level of the company,” said Sheela Maini Søgaard, BIG CEO.
BIG’s appointment of 34 employees to key positions includes 12 Copenhagen-based associates, 14 New York-based associates, one Barcelona-based associate, and six London-based associates. One new director will be added to BIG Copenhagen.
The new associates include: Alana Goldweit, Agla Egilsdottir, Alexandru Malaescu, Andrea Hektor, Ángel Barreno Gutiérrez, Chris Falla, Dominyka Voelkle, Hung Kai Liao, Isabel da Silva, Jason Chee Han Chia, Jason Wu, Jinho Lee, Julie Kaufman, Kate Cella, Laurent de Carniere, Lauren Connell Falla, Lawrence-Oliver Mahadoo, Lorenz Krisai, Lucas Carriere, Margaret Tyrpa, Marie Lancon, ‘Molly’ Hsiao Rou Huang, Otilia Pupezeanu, Pauline Lavie-Luong, Robert Grimm, Ryohei Koike, Sarkis Sarkisyan, Sebastian Claussnitzer, Shane Dalke, Simon Scheller, Søren Martinussen, Vinish Sethi, and Yu Inamoto. Additionally, Jens Majdal Kaarsholm is named as a new director.