Presented by: Maria Rudman, Architectural Services Manager – Schluter Systems (Canada) Inc
This seminar will examine ways in which barrier-free environments can be customized to include various design elements while remaining compliant for accessibility, based on the national standard CSA B651-18. This seminar will also address why bonded waterproofing technology lends itself to the construction requirements of barrier-free design.
- Understand that there are varying standards for barrier-free construction.
- Recognize the specialized waterproofing measures that must be taken when designing a curb-less shower for an accessibility compliant barrier-free environment.
- Be able to specify and incorporate custom design elements into an accessibility compliant barrier-free shower.
- Be able to seek out resources detailing accessibility specifications of special requirements for shower seating, niches, grab bars, benches etc.
Maria has many qualifications including:
• Bachelor of Commerce in Entrepreneurial Management (RRU, 2005)
• Certified Technical Representative (2007 Vancouver)
• Toastmaster designation – Competent Communicator (2016)
• Architectural Specification Rep in BC for the last 17 years (flooring & tile)
• Flooring sub-contractor, project manager, estimator & flooring sales prior for 8 years (Victoria, BC)
• CAD operator in early career (BC)
Born and raised in the floor covering industry, Maria has gained a wealth of installation knowledge through hands-on commercial project management. In her spare time she enjoys gardening, hiking, and travelling with her husband.
RAIC members need to self-report to receive 1 AIBC CES Core Learning Unit for attending.
4509 West Saanich Road, Victoria BC
12:00 – 1:15 Lunch
12:15 – 1:15 Guest Speaker Presentation
$45.00 for non-members
$15.00 for students If you would like to attend the luncheon, email firstname.lastname@example.org and payment options will be emailed back to you.