At its luncheon meeting on Thursday, February 12, the Vancouver Chapter of CSC is hosting a technical presentation on door hardware. The discussion, led by Allegion Canada’s April Wells, DHI, CDC, TR AHC, will pose important questions that must be answered to ensure the proper materials are being specified for a project. Questions to be answered include:
- What is the overall process in evaluating hardware choices?
- When (or when not) should one use cylinder or mortise locks?
- How does American National Standards Institute/Builders Hardware Manufacturers Association (ANSI/BHMA) testing apply to door hardware?
- What is the best way to secure an opening?
- How does one integrate electronic access control systems?
Wells will provide a comprehensive overview of the architectural hardware openings environment from a mechanical, electronic, and electrified hardware point of view, and explain how to apply them to various projects and applications.
The event takes place at the Sandman Hotel (180 West Georgia Street), in the ballroom located straight through the back of Moxie’s. It kicks off at 11:30 a.m. with a full-course buffet, with the speakers expected to finish by 1:30 p.m. Registration is $32 for pre-registered CSC members, and $48 for non-members (plus GST). For more information, e-mail the chapter officer Vince Smith.