Toronto hospital gets modern expansion
by sadia_badhon | June 20, 2019 10:00 am
Etobicoke General Hospital’s new patient tower in Toronto is set to open on June 23. The tower adds 23,336 m2 (250,000 sf) to the facility.
The expansion will double the size of the emergency department and create a birthing unit as well as a new main entrance.
Other services and programs inside the new patient tower include:
- a critical care unit four times larger than its current space;
- a combined cardiac, respiratory, and neurodiagnostic outpatient unit;
- a maternal newborn unit with 10 private birthing suites, two operating rooms, and a 10-bassinette Level II neonatal intensive care unit for newborns who need extra care;
- an ambulatory (day) procedures unit offering advanced procedures that allow patients same-day discharge and recovery at home; and
- more comfortable, modern patient rooms with lots of natural light.
- [Image]: https://www.constructioncanada.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/egh.jpg
- Etobicoke General Hospital: http://www.williamoslerhs.ca/about-osler/osler
Source URL: https://www.constructioncanada.net/toronto-hospital-gets-modern-expansion/