The Three Most Common Installation Mistakes
- Using a code-compliant firestop system, but not Underwriters Laboratories of Canada (CAN/ULC)-approved for the application.
- Not properly tooling a sealant into the void around a penetrant.
- Using backing materials to fill a hole that is not CAN/ULC-approved.
The Three Most Common Specification Mistakes
- Putting too many penetrants through the same hole in a floor, ceiling, or wall.
- Mixing penetrant types in the same hole, such as non-metallic pipe and steel pipe. Different penetrant types may need different firestopping materials and installation techniques.
- Specifying a firestopping material or device that is not a Underwriters Laboratories of Canada (CAN/ULC)-approved as a product or as a product for a particular application.
To read the full article, click here.
Control the content you see on ConstructionCanada.net! Learn More.