The Toronto Chapter is calling for abstracts for the 43rd annual Building Expo. The theme is Technology in Construction.
The presentation should consider, however, not limit itself, to the following:
- new/innovative products or materials;
- new/innovative installation techniques of existing products or materials;
- smart buildings;
- renewable or innovative energy/heating/cooling sources;
- augmented reality construction;
- construction software and data ecosystem;
- the growth of building information modelling (BIM);
- self-healing concrete;
- cloud and mobile technology;
- advanced uses for GPS;
- smart contracts; and
- invisible solar cells.
Presentations will be selected based on varying criteria including relevancy, timeliness, originality, speaker experience, and cohesion with the seminar program. The target audience is designers and contractors of every stripe from all corners of the construction/design sectors in Ontario. The presentation should be Toronto or Ontario-centric, if possible.
Applications can be submitted to email@example.com with the subject line ‘CSC Building Expo Abstract.’ Applications will close August 31 at 11:59 p.m.