Wind Turbine Technician
Posted March 22, 2023
The Wind Turbine Technician is a safety-minded worker that should have construction industry experience and access to reliable transportation. The schedules are subject to variations depending on the project needs and delays. The ideal candidates are self starters willing to follow directions closely and work in team. The Wind Turbine Technician rigs, lift and assembles wind turbine components during the Installation phase. The Wind Turbine Technician will also require cranes signaling and communication skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Install wind turbine components which includes these tasks:
- Follow turbine and turbine component installation procedures
- Respect, maintain, and promote a strong sense of safety, and comply with all Company and Client safety policies and procedures
- Clean components on the ground and in/around the work area(s)
- Complete mechanical preparation of the components on the ground.
- Ensure that visual inspection for damage is completed
- Ensure safe lifting operations prior to lifting
- Rig the components with turbine specific rigging devices
- Climb Wind turbines daily, up to 400ft
- Establish strong, consistent communication with crane operators
- Use Taglines to maintain control of the loads
- Bolt and torque the components sections using hydraulics or pneumatics as per the installation instructions
- Operate equipment such as telehandlers, skid steers and manlifts
- General worksites clean up and maintenance of organizational standards
- Technical certifications/card/diploma, in a related installation construction trade, required according to the laws and regulations of the work location (an asset).
- Two to three years of construction industry experience.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment malfunctions and failures, to maintain a safe work environment.
- Experience in inspection and use of tooling both electrical and hydraulic.
- Valid driver license.
- Good physical condition, good reflexes, functional senses, and strength.
- Ability to effectively lead team members towards a common goal or task.
- Comfortable working in high-stress environment with extreme weather fluctuations.
- Ability to work in teams and communicate both verbally and written.
- Ability to solve problems and good decision-making skills.
- Manage emergency situations, work under pressure and stress.
The schedule requires weekend availability, day shift, overtime and is based on approximately 10 hour shifts.
This job is also advertised on Job Bank under Number # 2378626.
WHY JOIN BOREA’S TEAM
- Above industry standard vacation: 6% of base hourly rate for all regular hours worked
- Group insurance
- Group RRSP with an employer contribution
- Pension plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Young, dynamic and team-oriented work environment
- Excellent career opportunities