Wall and Ceiling Installer
Posted September 15, 2023
Business Name: Wescor Contracting Ltd.
Title: Wall and Ceiling Installer
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full-Time (40 hrs /week)
Wage: $30.00 per hour.
Number of Available Positions: 3
Benefits: Dental Insurance, Disability Insurance, Extended Medical Insurance
Language at work: English
Work Location: Victoria, BC.
Wescor Contracting Ltd. handles various projects including large-scale commercial and industrial builds, to tenant improvements and custom homes. Along with standard wall and ceiling assemblies, Wescor’s specialize in acoustic ceiling systems and a wide variety of finished wall and ceiling systems such as demountable wall systems, acoustic wall panels, cloud ceiling panels, linear wood ceilings and metal soffit ceiling systems.
Wescor is now in search of wall and ceiling professionals to develop its highly skilled and trusted team.
- Measure, cut, fit, and fasten drywalls sheets and various types of wall/ceiling systems
- Place in position and secure sheets to metal or wooden studs or joists
- Install metal stud framing and furring for interior drywall
- Fill joints in-between drywalls with spackle by using trowels
- Attach by use of adhesive or tape over joints using taping machine and embed tape in compound
- Apply hand or power tools to install framings
- Even out and smooth away excess material and imperfections
- Apply second and third coats of compound and sand areas after each coat
- Assemble and install suspended metal ceiling grids and place in panels to form acoustical and coffered ceilings
- Completion of secondary school
- A combination of over three years of work experience and some high school, college or industry courses in drywalling or minimum 3-year apprenticeship program in drywalling
- Able to work at heights, on scaffolding or swing stages
- Able to engage in physical activity such as bending, crouching, kneeling for extended periods of time
- Able to handle heavy loads up to 50 pounds
Email resume to: email@example.com
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals and specifically applicants from traditionally underrepresented groups – including Indigenous persons, vulnerable youth, newcomers, and persons with disabilities – who may contribute to the continued diversification of our organization