Posted July 18, 2022
Metal Roofer at London Eco-Metal Manufacturing Inc.
London Eco-Metal, an industry leading manufacturer of affordable, quality steel and aluminum roofing for the environmentally conscious consumer, is hiring metal roofers pursuant to the terms outlined below.
Company operating name: London Eco-Metal Manufacturing
Business address: 531 Shaw Road Dorchester, Ontario, Canada, N0L 1G4
Title of the position: Metal Roofer
Terms of employment: Full-time, permanent
Number of positions: 20
- Install, repair and replace metal roofs, including installing membrane, metal sheets, and other metal pieces onto roof using hand and power tools;
- Install wooden strapping, metal flashings and underlay, including fitting flashing to fit angles on roof caused by walls, vents or intersecting roof surfaces;
- Apply caulking over joints to make them watertight;
- Remove existing material from roofs prior to applying roofing materials;
- Operate safety equipment as needed;
- Install, repair or replace built-up roofing systems using materials such as asphalt saturated felts and hot asphalt and gravel; and
- Install access points to roof including scaffolding.
- At least one year of relevant work experience, preferably in the residential metal roofing industry;
- Ability to handle heavy equipment up to 23 kg;
- Ability to perform physical, repetitive work at heights and where necessary in a noisy work environment; and
- Ability to lift and manage metal roofing sheets and related installation equipment.
- Ability to attend at customer sites within 100km of the Greater Toronto Area;
- Possession of a valid driver’s license would be considered an asset but is not mandatory as transportation can be provided to job sites.
Language of work: English - only working knowledge of English required to undertake roofing tasks required
Location of work: Based out of 1759 Britannia Rd. E. Unit #6/7 Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, L4W 4E1 (will be required to attend at various client/company sites within 100km of the Greater Toronto Area)
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Wage: $29.00 - $31.00 per hour (to be negotiated); 35 to 40 hours / week
- Eligible to participate in company benefits plan, including health, dental, vision and life insurance.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone: 519-851-2264, 591-451-766 from 10:00 to 05:00 EST
Intended job posting audience: Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.