L3 Heavy Equipment Foremen/Forewomen at Morgan Field Services Ltd.
Posted May 9, 2023
Morgan Field Services Ltd. is looking for ten (10) full-time L3 Heavy Equipment Foremen/Forewomen to join our team!
Morgan Field Services Ltd. is part of the Morgan Construction group and is an oilfield construction company based out of Edmonton, Alberta with over 50 years of experience working for resource corporations throughout Western and Northern Canada. We supply solutions for civil earthworks and infrastructure, oilfield and oil sands construction, environmental remediation, and reclamation, decommissioning and demolition, and geo-environmental construction.
With 4 main offices in Edmonton (17303-102 Ave, Edmonton, AB T5S 1J8), Acheson (10510 279 St, Acheson, AB T7X 6A6), Calgary (Suite 2900, 350–7th Ave SW, Calgary, AB T2P 3N9), and Fort McMurray (Poplar Creek, NW 4-92-10w4, Aostra Road, Regional Municipality Wood Buffalo, Fort McMurray, AB); projects throughout Western Canada; over 600 workers; and hundreds of pieces of heavy equipment; we continuously seek to add top talent to our team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Heavy Equipment Foremen/Forewomen are responsible for leading their crews to perform some of the most exciting work in the civil industry, and ensuring the work is done according to plan. Heavy Equipment Foremen/Forewomen are expected to:
· Manage and coordinate the operation of heavy equipment such as dozers, graders and excavators
· Support Morgan’s leading value by operating in a safe manner and leading by example in all areas of safety
· Actively support safety culture by operating equipment and tools in a safe manner, follows Morgan’s Safe Work Procedures, follows Morgan’s PPE policies and practices, and report all near misses and incidents to management in a timely fashion
· Maintain a courteous and professional relationship with clients. Respond to inquiries promptly and carry out work as required to satisfy client requests and project quality standards
· Assist maintenance in scheduling equipment, preventative maintenance, or repair
· Motivate, inspire, observe, and delegate tasks to crew
· Inspire productivity, promote training and cross training, and create a positive team culture
· Build a level of knowledge and understanding of safety practices, scheduling techniques, trade knowledge and employee engagement
· At least 3 years as a supervisor or foreman
· Expert level experience as an excavator, dozer, or grader operator
· Experience in light and/or heavy civil earthworks. Preference given to experience in mining, oil sands, lease construction, highway construction, dam/dyke construction, landfill construction, underground utility installation, pad building, pad extensions, infills, sub prep, stripping, and/or dirt management
· Must have (or be willing and able to obtain) CSTS-09 and OSSA Regional Orientation OR OSSA BSO, or CSO, Ground disturbance II, Standard First Aid level C, H2S Alive, Wildlife intermediate, WHMIS 2015
· Must have (or be willing and able to obtain) CSTS-09/ OSSA Regional or BSO or CSO, Standard First Aid Level C, H2S Alive, Ground Disturbance Level 2, Bear Awareness (in class)
· Required to work outside under all weather conditions and handle noise and vibrations. All workers must have winter clothing and footwear
· Must have own Safety boots -Requirement is 6" lace up steel toed (CSA Approved)
· Must be able to repetitively lift up to 50 lbs
· Must be able to work up to 12 hours a day, and both day and night shift
· Must have a valid driver's license and be willing to produce a clean, 3-year abstract
· Alcohol, Drug and fit to work testing is a pre-employment requirement
· Willingness to work and live-in remote camps such as in Wood Buffalo, working on a rotational schedule
Wages are $41.00 hourly. Camp accommodations will be provided. Entitlement to medical benefits including dental, extended health care, and vision care. Site locations vary; you must be able to drive in/out and/or fly in/out through flight hubs located primarily in Edmonton and Calgary. Shifts are 21/7 or 14/7.
Foremen/Forewomen may be assigned to projects throughout Alberta so the job locations will vary.
HOW TO APPLY
If you possess the skills above, please apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants are thanked for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.For any application related questions, please contact 1-877-904-3730