Heavy Equipment Operators at Morgan Field Services Ltd.
Posted March 10, 2023
Morgan Field Services Ltd. is looking for Heavy Equipment Operators to join our team! We are looking for:
· Fifteen (15) full-time L3 Grader Operators
· Fifty-five (55) full-time L3 Dozer Operators
· Fifty-five (55) full-time L3 Excavator Operators
Morgan Field Services Ltd. is part of the Morgan Construction group and is an oilfield construction company based out of Edmonton, Alberta with over 50 years of experience working for resource corporations throughout Western and Northern Canada. We supply solutions for civil earthworks and infrastructure, oilfield and oil sands construction, environmental remediation and reclamation, decommissioning and demolition, and geo-environmental construction.
With 4 main offices in Edmonton (17303-102 Ave, Edmonton, AB T5S 1J8), Acheson (10510 279 St, Acheson, AB T7X 6A6), Calgary (Suite 2900, 350–7th Ave SW, Calgary, AB T2P 3N9), and Fort McMurray (Poplar Creek, NW 4-92-10w4, Aostra Road, Regional Municipality Wood Buffalo, Fort McMurray, AB); projects throughout Western Canada; over 600 workers; and hundreds of pieces of heavy equipment; we continuously seek to add top talent to our team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Under general supervision, Heavy Equipment Operators will be responsible for safely operating assigned heavy equipment. They are expected to:
· Demonstrate safe operation of assigned equipment
· Actively support safety culture by operating equipment and tools in a safe manner, follows Morgan Construction’s Safe Work Procedures, PPE policies and practices, and report all near misses and incidents to management in a timely fashion
· Read, comprehend and comply with site specific safety rules, maintenance instructions, training manuals, warning tags, traffic signs and procedure manuals
· Understand issues involving ground disturbance and live sites
· Help ground personnel when required
· Interact with internal and external customers in a professional, courteous, and respectful manner that contributes toward a positive and productive work site
· Demonstrate ability to work well with others and independently
· Have proven experience with technical specifications and grade plans, road building, oilfield leases and pads
· Inspect equipment, such as tracks, fluids, lights, brakes, and cutting edges to ensure equipment is fully functional and safe for operating
· Where applicable, grade haul roads and work with haul equipment; complete ditching, sloping, support clean-up in excavations and embankments, ripping etc.; complete ripping, contouring, trimming slopes and ditch cuts; complete leveling and spreading gravel for dump trucks
· Must have recent experience operating a grader, dozer, or excavator
· Must be able to operate heavy equipment with little to no supervision
· Experience as a Heavy Equipment Operator in the heavy civil earthworks, construction or oilfield maintenance services industry is required, mining experience would be considered an asset
· Must have (or be willing and able to obtain) CSTS-09/ OSSA Regional or BSO or CSO, Standard First Aid Level C, H2S Alive, Ground Disturbance Level 2, Bear Awareness (in class)
· Required to work outside under all weather conditions and handle noise and vibrations. All workers must have winter clothing and footwear
· Must have own Safety boots -Requirement is 6" lace up steel toed (CSA Approved)
· Must be able to repetitively lift up to 50 lbs
· Must be able to work up to 12 hours a day
· Must have valid driver’s license with 3-year clean abstract
· Alcohol, Drug and fit to work testing is a pre-employment requirement
· Willingness to work and live-in remote camps such as in Wood Buffalo, working on a rotational schedule
WAGE & BENEFITS
Wages are $35.00 - $40.00 hourly, plus overtime per applicable employment legislation. Camp accommodations will be provided. Entitlement to medical benefits including dental, extended health care, and vision care. Site locations vary; you must be able to drive in/out and/or fly in/out through flight hubs located primarily in Edmonton and Calgary. Shifts are 21/7 or 14/7.
Heavy Equipment Operators may be assigned to projects throughout Alberta so the job locations will vary.
HOW TO APPLY
If you possess the skills above, please apply to: email@example.com
All applicants are thanked for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For any application related questions, please contact 1-877-904-3730