General Operations Manager
Posted June 20, 2022
Who we are.
United Concrete & Gravel Ltd. is a successful, privately owned company, built on Christian based values and work ethic, that was created in May of 1977 by 3 brothers, David, Paul, and Dan Zacharias. The founder’s zeal for innovation, their flair for creativity and their modern business acumen along with their pursuit of sustainable business processes and products are driving this search to augment their leadership team.
United Concrete & Gravel Ltd. is a leading supplier of aggregate and ready-mix concrete in the Cariboo region of British Columbia Canada. With 3 ready mix/aggregate production plants in operation in Quesnel, Williams Lake, and 100 Mile House, BC.
United Concrete is heavily invested in Research and Development of all aspects of the business, in particular its recycled glass operations and the role recycled glass can contribute to the sustainability of the construction industry.
Who you are.
Your years of experience in management, your zeal for innovation and your passion for the pursuit of sustainable products combined with your record of success make you a good fit for the United Concrete and Gravel leadership team. You seek out self education, new technology, and cutting-edge innovations to further enhance products, procedures, and growth. You are excited about Disruptive Innovation as a means to bring about a new era of environmental science where natural raw, recycled materials are introduced to minimize carbon footprints, sequester greenhouse gasses, and build a cleaner and healthier world.
As General Operations Manager you will report directly to the owners of United Concrete & Gravel Ltd. the Senior Leadership Team.
You will be responsible for providing leadership and organization of HR, Safety, Quality Control, Operations, Innovation, Research & Development and Sales.
You will oversee all company operations, to ensure safe production, efficiency, quality, service, and cost-effective management of resources.
As General Operations Manager, you will work with the Senior Leadership Team to develop and execute the Company’s strategic plan focused on revenue growth, profitability, personnel growth and development, enhanced research & development to aid in the pursuit of an innovative operational footprint in the following key areas:
• Working with the Leadership team you will create short-term and long-term specific strategic goals and priorities for growth and improvement on all aspects of the company divisions, and endeavors.
• Work with divisional, mid-level managers, in all aspects of the company, to integrate and harmonize these strategic goals and priorities into the day-to-day operations.
Research, Development and Marketing
• Supervise, facilitate, explore, recruit, and consult, with experts in the areas of research and development that are required for optimization, development and innovation of the company’s current products and potential new products.
• Seek out new and existing markets for the company’s products and or services.
• Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity/goal achievement and make recommendations on how to improve fiscal outcomes.
• Determine areas needing cost reduction and/or budgetary improvement.
Human Resources/Health and Safety/Administration
• Assess current company structure and human resource needs.
• Make recommendations where the company can improve on ways to recruit, train, retain and supervise staff in various departments.
• Assess current company safety and human resource policies and procedures.
• Put resources into place to effectively manage the current safety and human resources, policies, and procedures.
• Assess the current health and safety program.
• Put resources into place to effectively manage health and safety program development goals.
• Assess and make recommendations and/or implementations on administration function, flow of data, reporting systems, accounting programs, and gathering of information structures.
Qualifications ✓ Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Business, Engineering or Construction, Bachelor in Business Management or Masters in Business Management would be an asset. ✓ 5-7 years related management experience ✓ A track record of work experience in related business management skills and/or the construction industry. ✓ Excellent leadership skills. ✓ Strong management/leadership skills, with the ability to team build capable of commanding respect.
What We Offer
• Competitive compensation package.
• Generous paid time off vacation policy
• Modern Health and Welfare benefits plan
• Pension plan
• Company vehicle
• Opportunities for personal development and career growth within the organization
• A diverse, inclusive, supportive, and innovative work environment with best in-class people
• An opportunity to live and work in one of British Columbia's most beautiful communities
Applications will be received, privately and confidentially, by Mrs. Susan Zacharias at firstname.lastname@example.org