Posted September 15, 2023
Business Name: Banyan Construction Ltd.
Title: Formwork Carpenter
Terms of Employment: Permanent, full-time (30 to 40 hr/week)
Available Positions: 6
Benefits: Disability Insurance, Extended medical Insurance, Paid training leave
Work Location: Victoria, BC
Language of work: English
This is a unionized position with access to union pay and benefits.
Banyan Construction is a family-run company established in 2011. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional construction services that shape the landscape of Vancouver Island. From construction management to general contracting, and a range of specialized trade work, we do it all at Banyan Construction!
We are currently seeking talented individuals to join our team as Formwork Carpenters. If you have a passion for craftsmanship and a keen eye for detail, this is your chance to make a mark in the world of construction.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
• Read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements
• Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools
• Apply measuring tools to repair layouts in accordance with building codes
• Assemble and join materials, wood substitutes, and lightweight-steel materials
• Install rebars and strip forms for concert-foundation buildings
• Place prefab wood, frame walls, joists & sheet floors
• Build foundations and erect floor beams as well as walls and roof systems
• Operate and maintain the carpentry equipment and materials inventory as necessary
• Train mentors and promote a healthy and safe work culture
• Lead, help and direct apprentice labourers
• Coordinate activities to be accomplished during the week. Work with a crew throughout the week to ensure successful completion
• Completion of secondary school
• Minimum 4 years of related experience in trade or a combination of experience and training in college or industry courses in carpentry
• Efficient interpersonal skills
• Able to work outdoors at heights, on scaffolding or swing stages
• Able to engage in physical activity such as sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching, kneeling for extended periods of time
• Able to handle heavy loads up to 50 pounds
Contact information/how to apply:
Email resume to: email@example.com
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals and specifically applicants from traditionally underrepresented groups – including Indigenous persons, vulnerable youth, newcomers, and persons with disabilities – who may contribute to the continued diversification of our organization.