Posted July 27, 2022
Primary Engineering and Construction Corporation (Primary) is a growth-oriented industry leader providing Primary professional engineering and construction services.
We provide our people with the opportunity to determine their own career path and fulfill their ambitions. We empower our clients by tailoring our solutions to their specific needs. We strengthen our community by connecting them to what is possible today and providing a solid foundation for tomorrow.
Primary is powered by our people.
Our diverse teams and inclusive culture are the core that powers Primary. Our diversity allows us to better serve our customers and Engineering communities by listening to and enabling unique perspectives.
Primary remains committed to fostering an open and safe environment in which the voices of all team members, clients and community members are heard. As we grow our company, we will continue to remove barriers and create new opportunities within our industry.
We are looking for an experienced Equipment Operator, our production pacesetter in the field. A skilled leader who looks after the equipment they operate, who works safe and is production oriented. Knowledge of applicable legislation and a clean driving record make you the ideal candidate.
- Perform pre-trip inspections on assigned equipment daily.
- Responsible for keeping equipment in optimum operating condition by coordinating maintenance and repair with on-staff fleet mechanic.
- Ensure safe and steady production of the work.
- Excavate utility trenches, sand pad, and backfill.
- Switch attachments on equipment in a safe manner and ensure all attachments are accounted for with machine.
- Compact with hoe-pack and/or rapid ram on trench lines and concrete pad installations.
- Handle aggregate with loader.
- Be able to slope and bank trench lines according to OH&S safe trenching.
- Handle mechanical loading/unloading of electrical materials as required.
- Clean and lubricate equipment.
- Assist in field laborer as required.
- Demonstrate technical ability and application of appropriate processes and procedures.
- Assist and participate in safety meetings and assist with incident reporting and investigations as required.
- Other duties as required.
- Mechanical aptitude and familiarity of excavation equipment.
- Good hand-eye coordination and dexterity in operating controls.
- Understand grading markers and line assignments for work planning.
- Understanding of locate markers and locate slip reading.
- Knowledge of civil construction, blueprint reading and following of specification guidelines.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Promotion of safe work practices.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
A few qualifications that would help you succeed:
- Previous experience is an asset.
- Valid Driver’s License and Driver’s abstract in good standing.
- Minimum 2000 hours experience in similar or same equipment.
This is a safety sensitive position and is subject to Primary's Alcohol and Drug Policy which includes pre-employment testing.
This position may require the successful candidate to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. It may also require the successful candidate to undergo regular COVID-19 testing.
Primary offers a highly competitive compensation package including, competitive salaries, bonuses, Health & Dental benefits, Health Care Spending Account, flexible work schedules, paid vacation, Company Matching RRSP, and several career and professional development opportunities.
If you are ready for a new challenge and want to make a difference in the industry, please send your resume in confidence to email@example.com
**Please Note, you must be a Canadian Citizen or have a valid work permit**
We thank all candidates for their application however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.