Construction & Development Manager
Posted November 17, 2021
Craig Race Architecture Inc. is a sole proprietorship, focused on sustainable, custom residential architecture. Our work is adventurous and contemporary in style. We specialize in unique urban infill projects, such as laneway houses and new homes on infill lots. The practice is located in downtown Toronto.
As our office grows, we are seeking additional disciplines to add to our roster. A role is available for a construction manager who is capable of administering construction phase work for clients and for internal small-scale residential development projects. This includes working knowledge of CCDC contracts, experience managing budgets and schedules, contract administration, and client management. They will work closely with the principal and our architecture team, interface with clients, and coordinate general contractors and subtrades.
Our ideal applicant has 5+ years of experience at a small-scale residential firm in Ontario with a background in design, engineering, or project management. They are a talented self-starter and have excellent communication skills and experience managing clients and junior staff. They need to be technically knowledgeable of the Ontario Building Code and residential construction.
Experience with sustainable design, minor variance approvals, and AucoCAD/Revit, will be valued.
- Bachelor and/or master’s degree
- 5+ years’ experience on small scale residential projects in Ontario
- Operating knowledge of the Ontario Building Code
- Team management
- Self-sufficiency and self-motivation
- Excellent organization, teamwork, time management, and communication skills
- Full-time work week in our office and on construction sites
- Presentation of proposals for new projects, preliminary pricing exercises, contract administration, and management of general contractors and some direct trades
- Communicate with and manage clients
- Collaborate with design team
- Compliance with and improvement of internal office production standards
- Management and reporting of production