Adhesion. Sound control. Anti-fracture. All three of these components are essential for a successful flooring application. Problem-free installations are now easier with 125 TRI MAX™—a three-in-one mortar solution for sound and crack isolation. By combining three solutions in one easy step, 125 TRI MAX simplifies installations, while maximizing performance.
Failure in floor installations is costly for both the installer and building owner. 125 TRI MAX assures the high performance and durability expected in a versatile, lightweight thin-set mortar. Features include:
- ideal for thin-bed or large heavy tile and stone applications;
- extremely smooth consistency allowing for no drag on the substrate; and
- anti-microbial technology to prevent mould and mildew formation.
Noise reduction is essential for a building occupant’s comfort. 125 TRI MAX offers incredible sound production by reducing the transmission of noise between floors. Product highlights are:
- appreciable thickness to tile installations is reduced for better sound attenuation at lower height; and
- delta impact insulation class (IIC) rating of 16 (tested by NGC Testing Services).
Cracked tile typically becomes the focal point of an otherwise flawless flooring application. 125 TRI MAX minimizes fractures caused by the transmission of stresses. Features include:
- reinforced with Kevlar for superior adhesion and strength;
- rrevents transmission of cracks up to 3mm (1/8 in.); and
- independently tested by the Tile Council of North American (TCNA)—passes the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) A118.12, American National Standard Specifications for Crack Isolation Membranes for Thin-Set Ceramic Tile and Dimension Stone Installation.
Backed by a LATICRETE 25-year system warranty, 125 TRI MAX is also environmentally friendly. It contains 36 per cent post-consumer recycled content, contributing to building’s overall Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification. It is also GreenGuard certified by the Underwriters Laboratories (UL) for low volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions.
Click here to learn more about 125 TRI MAX.
For more information, visit www.laticrete.com or call 1.800.243.4788.
All information listed in this section was submitted by LATICRETE International.
Kenilworth Media Inc. and Construction Specifications Canada (CSC) cannot assume responsibility for errors of relevance,
fact or omission. The publisher nor CSC does not endorse any products featured in this article.